As you Know all our parks are located in the beautiful county of Yorkshire and boy is it jam packed this August!
Festivals and Feastivals at all turns. So get the diary at the ready as there is a lot to plan this month.
If the big festivals that happen in the UK festival season might not be your thing. Don’t worry! We have hand picked 8 of the best family friendly and Yorkshire born festivals August has to offer. From fun, food and a good old dance there something for everyone.
Forget Glastonbury! Its all about local music!
Is music your passion, Yorkshire have some amazing music festivals to offer at a fraction of the price! From Folk to classical to rock or to Cultural fuelled there is something for everyone!
Number 1 on the festivals tour of Yorkshire is Humber Street Sesh 3rd-4th.* The ever popular Street Sesh down Humber street, 14 stages and 200+ bands over 2 days. Celebrating all the amazing bands the UK has to offer! With backing from the Hull 2017 its an amazing atmosphere.
2. Cottingham folk festival 23rd-26th *(august bank holiday) With some big names head lining this festival its definitely should be considered. Starting in 2015 its a new festival but definitely up there with some big names, its aim to play more intimate shows so you can really experience the genre of folk. Artists such as Roland Gift from the fine young cannibals, Wilko Johnson and more.
3. Freedom Festival 31-2 – just at the end of the month and through to September. The annual Freedom festival gets bigger every year. Created by the William Wilberforce commemorations on the bicentenary of the abolishment of Slavery. The freedom festival has grown ever since. A free event to enter. It is located all over the city of Hull getting maximum involvement and engagement of the entire city and its visitors.
From open theatre and street theatre, live music, spoken word, live art, art exhibitions and installations, the Freedom Feastival and more, its a great celebration of all things cultural and expressive in art and society in the modern age.
Wanting something which feels more like a festival?
Walking around in wellies and camping overnight what you are looking for? Theres a Yorkshire festival for that!
4. Tribfest at Sledmere House 16th to the 19th*. A truly great family friendly festival for all ages! Yes its in the name, this is the worlds largest Tribute Band festival. Every genre of music from Queen, Blondie, Elvis and Little Mix all in one day!
As well you will find comedy tents, acoustic bands, food and local produce, there is a lot to take in. Ending in a firework display it definitely has a true festival feel.
Exclusively at Castle Howard
5. Castle Howard Proms 18th *- Ok not quite a Festival but its still a celebration of music and one to pencil in! Popular as previous years its been brought back by the Castle Howard team.
Set in the magnificent Gardens of Castle Howard, this spectacular classical concert will be a night to remember for the whole family.
Guest soloists include Lesley Garrett CBE and tenor Geraint Dodd who will be joined on stage by the London Gala Orchestra conducted by Stephen Bell.
The programme will include popular classics, songs from musicals and all of your flag waving favourites from the Proms including Jerusalem, Rule Britannia and Pomp & Circumstance No. 1. With a Spitfire flyover, stunning lasers and spectacular firework final, this will be a magical evening of musical entertainment.
*all festivals above are ticketed events, please check websites individually.
Food Festival, Yes Please!!
Sampling local cuisine more your thing? Purchasing delicious homegrown produce another? Well make sure your hungry as there is a lot this August. Alongside the music festivals having local produce stalls and street food, there are two standout festivals that a must visit.
6. YUM festival 10th-12th. A festival created by HullBid Celebrating all fresh local produce, street food and home made beverages. Located in Hulls Queens Gardens, Yum Festival is full of local market stalls and fresh produce for purchase. All types and styles of cuisine can be tried from various street food vendors as well as a bar with live music.
To keep the little ones entertained there is healthy cooking workshops, cake decorating and face painting.
7. Malton food festival 11th. Not the official food festival Malton has to offer but one to definitely check out this August.
With 35 specialist stalls with the best food the region has to offer. How can you say no! Also on the day there will be live chef demos, streets food and live music.
Something out of the ordinary.
Its not music and its not food but definitely a fun festival to attend over at Castle Howard!
8. The Dog festival 11th-12th -In continuation of celebrating the year of the dog, Castle Howard will be hosting a summer dog festival. With Dog shows, agility courses and more. You can even enter you dog to participate. You never know your dog could win best in show!
One full schedule this August. With such exciting events, you wont want to miss any!
As you are experiencing all the festival fun Yorkshire has to offer, don’t forget all three of our parks are based in Yorkshire. You could even stay in Yorkshire for longer. Or you could be planning to be holiday in the area next year! Come and see all our holiday homes we can offer.
If you are interested in seeing any of our parks or want to meet with one of our friendly team and say hi. Please do not hesitate in contacting us to arrange either by email email@example.com or call us on 01964 545968
Happy August Everyone!