Now the hype of our glorious summer is dying down, its time to dig out the knitwear, scarves and boots and think about breaks away here in our own country.
Well winter is coming we need something to look forward to!
The dictionary definition of Staycation:
A holiday spent in one’s home country rather than abroad, or one spent at home and involving day trips to local attractions.
Take advantage of our own countryside, after all the country we live in is absolutely Breathtaking! From mountains to valleys, historical cities and more it time to explore.
Why Stay in the UK on holiday?
- The scenery is breathtaking! Its that time of year again when the leave change from luscious green to the autumnal colours we love so much. Orange, yellows and reds littering every inch of our breathtaking countryside.
- Peace and quiet.With the Kids back at school, you will be able to enjoy a quiet and peaceful break away. Another plus to this is lots more room to explore. Popular destination will be less busy allowing stress free holidaying.
- Top destinations on your door step. No airport cues, waking up at the crack of dawn to check in or be squashed in like sardines to get anywhere. You can travel on holiday at your own pace and to some of the best destinations the UK has to offer.
- The price due to autumn being classed as the off season, Prices are usually pretty reasonable.
- Something to look forward too. With the days are getting longer, the nights colder and the travel home darker. So something to look forward to to keep spirits lifted is a bonus in our minds.
How about an Autumn staycation in Yorkshire?
As you know all our parks situated in Yorkshire. They offer idyllic locations so you can choose a perfect Autumn staycation. There are a number of breathtaking sites to see in and around Yorkshire that would be perfect for day trips.
For a spot of holiday shopping, you wont be short of boutiques, high street, market and unique shops from fashion, beauty, food in the beautiful cities and villages Yorkshire has to offer. Whether its York, Beverley, Malton or Hull, theres something for everyone.
More of a walking holiday enthusiast? From unbelievable views and long walks North York Moors, including the naturally occurring strange rock formations of Brimham Rocks. Or a little further afield from our Parks is the Yorkshire Dales, With stunning waterfalls and breath taking views to soak up.
Maybe seaside excursion along Yorkshires Historic coast. With a lot of victorian seaside destinations all in close proximity, you’ll be spoilt for choice. Either pop Whitby for its famous abbey and precious stone Jet or a long walk along Robin Hood’s Bay.
Or head to Flamborough to visit the white cliffs and the lighthouse. Further down to see the exciting Bempton cliffs home to many puffins. Don’t forget the famous Yorkshire fish and chips, or try a Hull delicacy the ‘Patty’.
Try before you buy?
Our parks are holiday home parks with luxury caravans and lodges to mainly purchase.
However, we offer rentals on our luxurious park Heron Lakes Holiday Lodge Park . It’s a way of ‘try before you buy’ and it enables you to see for yourself how ideal a holiday home could be for you.
We have several different style lodges to choose from. You’ll be able to sit at the comfort of your decking or sat lakeside watching the beautiful wildlife.
Click here for availability.