On this day in 1969. We landed on the moon!
We did indeed, with ‘one small step’ earth made history on the 20th of July. Letting our minds wander to what can be seen in the expanse of space.
With all our parks located in stunning locations which hold breathtaking views, there is one view that can easily be missed.
The one above us. The Night Sky!
The sky is such a beautiful sight, with spectacular light shows, glimpses of planets passing by, the expanse of twinkling stars and of course the moon itself. You will notice something new every time you simply look up.
A holiday with a difference: Stargazing!
So how about a Lodge or static caravan that would be perfect for a stargazing holiday? Set up a telescope, sit back, relax and take in all the stunning views the cosmos has to offer.
With all our parks situated in areas with minimal to no light pollution with in the countryside and with constant effort to keep light pollution to minimal as is possible. Seeing the stars is easy.
From the comfort of your decking or sat lakeside watching the reflections of the milky way go by. In these warm nights it would be perfect to holiday with a difference.
Out of this world Reductions!
Across our parks we have a range of holiday homes which would be perfect for all a stargazers holiday needs.
2017 Prestige Maple show home NOW £149,950. Located on the exclusive trout lake at Heron lakes. The sky here seems never ending, with uninterrupted views in every direction, this lodge would be perfect to spot a planet or two.
Wanting to be more in the North of Yorkshire, Then we suggest the 2012 Tingdene Valetta, Pricing from £59,950. Recently refurbished and ready to be sited on any free plot at Lakeside Holiday park. You could be picking prime stargazing space very soon!
For more options click here!
Stargazing Top tips:
- Makes sure the moon full in a cloudless sky, so check the moon phases before you pick a spot or set up camp on your decked area.
- Bring a compass, makes constellations easier to spot! To cheat a little, there are lots of apps that can help you find a constellation
- Remember your camera as you will want to document the beauty of the night sky.
- Stargaze at all times of the year, the sky is constantly changing. Having your holiday lodge or static will make that a lot easier.
For those who are beginners at stargazing! The easiest star to find is Polaris or the north star. Heres How!
1. Find the Ursa Major (the plough or big dipper), you cant miss it, it looks like a saucepan.
2. Then follows its tail (or handle) parallel to the star and you will find Ursa Minor (little bear or little dipper) and there it will be.
Tada, you’ll know its the Polaris as its the brightest star in the collection.
Does this sound like the perfect Holiday for you?
Find the perfect lodge or static caravan to stargaze for hours on end. Today could be the day you find the holiday home of your dreams and a new hobby to go with it! To see all our reductions click here.
Alternatively if you wish to speak to our friendly sales team to help choose the perfect location for you. Please ring 01964 545968 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to answer any question you may have.